Thursday, January 26, 2012

Paleo Meatloaf and Roasted Artichokes


As part of my assignment this week in my Holistic Nutrition class was to venture out to the health foods section of my local grocery store and try something new.  I love this assignment! Just so happened that in my organic co-op share this week I received an artichoke. Pre-Paleo the only time I had artichoke was in dip. I went to my computer and typed Artichoke Paleo in the search bar and I found Roasted Baby Artichoke’s from Nom Nom Paleo. Assignment and blog post in one. YES! Success.
Charissa’s Paleo Meatloaf (Serves 2)
Ingredients:
1lbs Grass Fed beef
½ of a red pepper chopped
½ of a green pepper chopped
3 garlic cloves chopped
¼ of a red onion chopped
1 tbs. of Apple Cider vinegar
1 tbs. Balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. of mixed dried herbs
Dash of black pepper
Preparation:
Pre-heat oven to 350
Chop peppers, onion and garlic. Place beef in glass baking dish add in vinegars, veggies and seasoning, Mix with hands and form into whatever shape you want. Bake at 350 for 40-45 min. I just use my nose to tell when it’s ready; when you can smell the meatloaf it is typically done.

I used Nom Nom Paleo's  Roasted Baby Artichoke recipe with a few modifications. I use one large artichoke, an orange as my citrus and grass fed butter for my fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment